My Tags

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Leo's Communications Principles #1


Principle #1: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm all for creative usage of media to communicate marketing messages, or a company's ethos or just some positive associations. But I'm not a believer in Creativity that simply used to show quite how clever you are. Or Creativity that exists simply because it was possible to do it. Creativity practised properly in a commercial context has a business end in mind. If not its art. And Art is great, but why ruin it with a nasty aftertaste of Capitalism.

This site, for London ad agency Mother is a great example of up-its-own-arse creativity. Have a look and see how long it takes you to find their work before you give up. Whoever put this together got so close to the design that they forgot about the rest of the world. I suggest they need to look up 'Usability'.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»